Approved by NCBTMB, FL Board of Massage, College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (Canada) and accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other state and national boards
The physically demanding work massage therapists and bodyworkers do puts them at risk for musculoskeletal injury. But there is a great deal you can do to avoid symptoms and injury.This 10 CE course (5 CEU with CMTO) gives massage therapists an affordable, convenient way to learn the proven injury prevention and ergonomics strategies, real-life suggestions and practical tips they need to protect their health and prolong their careers. Whether you are just starting out as a therapist or already an experienced practitioner, this course will help you save not only your hands, but also your back, neck, shoulders and emotional well-being throughout a long, healthy career. You will have up to 6 months to complete the course, so you can fit it into your busy life!
This course shows you how to:
- Design your treatment space so you can work safely and efficiently
- Find alternative techniques to protect vulnerable parts of your body
- Improve your body mechanics to reduce stress and increase comfort as you work
- Stay in shape with a comprehensive physical conditioning program developed specifically for manual therapists
- Recognize and effectively treat early symptoms before they lead to injury
- Use the principles of ergonomics to more effectively treat your clients, adding value to your practice.
You will receive: Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition textbook by Lauriann Greene, CEAS and Richard W. Goggins, CPE, LMP; an email with access to online Study Guide/Instructions and 99-question Quiz; downloadable Certificate of Achievement upon completion; and full support for your questions.
Please Note: If you already own the Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition textbook, purchase the Course WITHOUT textbook by selecting that option. The 1st Edition of the Save Your Hands! book is NOT appropriate for this course.
“Completing this course made me analyze my work environment, ergonomics and my level of self-care. It enabled me to make changes that I know will help prolong my career significantly. Every therapist, experienced or new, will benefit from the vital information in this course.”
— Rosemary Chunco, LMT, MTI, Plano, TX